Stage in life? Family? School/career path?
- Chief Information Officer, responsible for all enterprise-wide information technology initiatives.
- Has more than 30 years of information technology, management, global initiatives, and operations experience.
- Prior to joining current company, he served as the senior vice president and chief information officer for Coca-Cola Refreshments.
Male or female? Age? Location?
- Lives in Smyrna with his wife and two children.
Demeanor? Communication preferences?
- Learned confidence. Overrides his natural timidity by speaking quickly and confidently.
- Perceptive. Sees the big picture and what matters.
- Authentic. Willing to be real, treat others as peers, and help out where needed.
Primary goal? Secondary goal?
- Primary: Create high-quality, secure, and cost-effective technologies that enhance his company's business capabilities.
- Secondary: Shorten a product’s time to market.
Primary challenge? Secondary challenge?
- Primary: Threats of being made obsolete at the hands of technology innovations that disrupt the industry and his company.
- Secondary: Cyberattacks.
About goals, challenges, etc.
“We’re looking for opportunities for partnerships that help transform our industry and allow us to tap into a talent pipeline.”
“Innovation is a priority for our company.”
“Engineering students can provide us with a unique opportunity to get fresh, innovative ideas and solutions.”
Why wouldn't they choose Georgia Tech?
- We don't need external innovations for this. We can leverage our internal R&D.
- State tax incentives are better elsewhere.
- Not agreeable to the intellectual property terms.
How should you describe Georgia Tech to your persona in one sentence?
Connections to research, innovations, experts, facilities, and workforce-ready graduates in Atlanta — a growing, international city widely considered to be a hotbed of innovation.
Sell your persona on Georgia Tech!
Georgia Tech collaborates with companies to achieve success by providing both outstanding graduates and an outcome-focused, business-friendly approach to research led by renowned scholars and researchers in diverse disciplines. Georgia Tech is a leader in the commercialization of its research.
Sources: Research Horizons Future Directions Study 2014; Georgia Tech Reputational Study 2012.
Learn more about this business leader's background, demographics, interests, and needs:
Prospective Partner Content Map | Prospective Partner Journey