We proudly serve as the voice of Georgia Tech.
We are the team accountable for creating and sharing the Georgia Tech narrative and brand identity to attract, engage, celebrate, and publicize all that the Institute offers to students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, corporations, government officials, and partners.
- Promote awareness of the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Preserve the integrity of Georgia Tech’s brand image.
- Ensure consistency in messaging across all forms of communication.
- Develop and distribute Institute-level communications.
- Manage Georgia Tech’s visual identity.
- Host educational events on various communications and marketing topics.
- Build awareness of Georgia Tech as a highly respected and highly ranked learning and research institution in Georgia by sharing stories locally, nationally, and globally.
- Create and maintain an engaged and informed campus community focused on transparency and ethics.
- Build and protect the reputation of Georgia Tech by sharing consistent and compelling messages, responding to questions, requests, and suggestions readily.
As strategists, writers, artists, designers, digital experts, videographers, photographers, web developers, event specialists, and marketers, we work cross-functionally and collaborate with a campuswide network of communicators.
Our team is made up of individuals focusing on these areas:
Assists with media and public relations opportunities, direct communication messages, and serves as the official voice of the Institute during times of crisis.
Responds to all requests for public records, in accordance with the Georgia Open Records Act.
Manages the Institute’s flagship social media accounts and sets the strategies and standards for accounts across campus.
Research and Academic Communications
Develops messages and strategies, and provides leader support for two-way communication with Tech’s more than 5,000 teaching and research faculty members.
Organizational, Academic, and Research Communications
Manages communications for members of the Institute's executive leadership team from the Offices of the President, Provost, and Executive Vice President for Research, as well as communications about operational matters in Academics and Research.
Produces publications such as the Daily Digest and The Whistle, primarily for internal audiences.
Special Events and Protocol
Coordinates all Institute-level ceremonies — from Commencement to When the Whistle Blows.
Tracks and reports on performance of Institute Communications channels and projects to support data-driven decision-making.
Client Relations and Project Management
Connects and collaborates with units across campus to offer project management, traffic coordination, and overall brand and communications guidance and support.
Provides content creation and strategy, digital and print design, video, and photography.
Digital Strategy and Signage
Manages systems and content for websites and digital displays across campus — with the digital signage team maintaining a network of over 350 digital signs, menu boards, directories, and media walls; and the digital strategy team designing and developing web solutions in partnership with Georgia Tech's Office of Information Technology.
Licensing and Trademarks
Ensures the proper use of Tech’s trademarks, service marks, logos, and insignias.
Manages, through the information technology and financial administration teams, the daily functionality of all groups within Institute Communications.