Navigating the Enterprise-Wide Web Contract
For those considering hiring a third party for their website work, Georgia Tech has an enterprise-wide contract in place that allows you to quickly get estimates from a group of pre-approved vendors.
In March 2020, the Institute finalized two enterprise-wide contracts for web projects:
- One for projects less than $50K.
- One for projects greater than $50K.
These contracts include a number of fully vetted vendors with a broad range of skillsets in owned digital. Every Georgia Tech unit seeking third-party website support must use a vendor from one of the enterprise-wide web contracts.
See the Big Picture
For those unfamiliar with the process of redesigning websites or web work in general, we recommend reviewing the resource A Non-Web Developers Guide to a Website Redesign prior to beginning.
Quick Start Guide
- Identify the project Scope of Work (SOW).
- If you estimate that the value of the work is less than $50K, choose a minimum of 3 suppliers from the Enterprise Web Development – Small Projects contract and solicit quotes from them based on your SOW.
- If you estimate the value of the work is $50K or greater, then choose a minimum of 3 suppliers from the Enterprise Web Development – Large Projects contract and solicit quotes from them based on your SOW.
- Once you have identified the lowest quoting supplier that meets your needs, you will need to obtain an approved Campus Technology Request (CTR) from Georgia Tech OIT. Do not enter a requisition without an approved CTR.
- Enter a WorkDay Procurement Requisition, using the lowest quoting supplier as the Supplier in Workday. The requisition should be on a Service line item. Attach the approved CTR to the requisition, along with the supplier quotes you received.
For additional details and links to resources, please refer to the In-Depth Guide below.
Identify the Scope of Work
Outline your needs and create a Scope of Work (SOW) that includes a budget, clear milestones, and deliverables. Use these SOW examples to create your own for small and large web projects. Note: Requires GT account login.
Select a Supplier
Send your SOW to vendor(s) for a quote. You will solicit vendor(s) from the appropriate contract, based on the estimated project cost.
Access the supplier lists. Note: GT account login required for access.
- Less than $10K
Choose one or more suppliers from the Enterprise Web Development – Small Projects contract.
- Between $10K - $50K
Choose a minimum of three suppliers from the Enterprise Web Development – Small Projects contract.
- More than $50K
Choose a minimum of three suppliers from the Enterprise Web Development – Large Projects contract.
Once you have received all quotes, choose the lowest quoting supplier who also meets your needs.
Submit a Campus Technology Request
Once you have identified the lowest quoting supplier who also meets your needs, submit a Campus Technology Request (CTR) to Georgia Tech OIT for approval.
Important: Do not move on to the next step until you have an approved CTR.
Enter a Procurement Requisition
Submit a WorkDay Procurement Requisition, using the lowest quoting supplier as the Supplier in Workday.
- Login to workday
- In the search field at the top of the page, type in “create requisition" and press Enter.
- From the search results, click the “create requisition” link.
- Fill out the form and attach the approved CTR and supplier quotes.