The Campus Calendar is a public, comprehensive resource that captures the many activities and events that take place on campus.
Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to submit events to the calendar to increase exposure and share information with the campus community. Event submissions should be of general interest to the Tech community and hosted by a campus organization or department.
Generally Included Events
- Official academic calendar dates.
- Institute holidays.
- Events hosted by campus departments, organizations, or affiliates, including those taking place off campus.
- Events open to the Tech community.
Generally Excluded Events
- Events where Georgia Tech serves only as a venue for a non-Tech event.
- Promotional or sales events.
- Deadlines or reminders.
- Explain why someone would want to attend and what they will be doing while there.
- Use a descriptive title. For example, rather than “Chemistry Seminar,” give the name of the seminar topic. Keep to eight words or fewer.
- Since the calendar is viewable to the general public, include who the event is for in the body field.
- Spell out acronyms.
- Avoid exclamation points.
- Check spelling, particularly of names, and all professional titles.