HTML-formatted email is a powerful tool in marketing and communication initiatives.
On average, atleast 50% of emails are opened on mobile devices. If your email isn't coded for responsiveness, it will be difficult to read on mobile devices and may not be read at all. Always use mobile-responsive email templates.
The CAN-SPAM act is a law which protects people from receiving emails they do not want. It is crucial that your HTML emails comply with this law. Your email must contain an accurate physical address and a way to opt-out of the email. These are usually placed in the footer of an email. Many email marketing providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact will automatically include these in your emails, but it is your responsibility to make sure.
Learn more about CAN-SPAM compliance at the Federal Trade Commission Website.
Mailchimp-enabled Email Template
A Georgia Tech branded email newsletter template is available here for campus-wide use. This template can be edited in a code editor and used in any email marketing platform which allows pure HTML emails to be uploaded. It can also be used as a Mailchimp template with no HTML editing needed. To use it in Mailchimp:
1. Log in to your department's Mailchimp account.
2. Select "Templates" at the top of your dashboard.
3. Select the "Create Template" button on the upper right side of your Templates menu.
4. Select the "Import Zip" option.
5. Name your template and upload the zip file provided below.
6. Leave everything unchanged in the next window and select "Save and Exit" on the lower right corner of your screen.
This template will now be available for you to use normally in Mailchimp when you create an email campaign.
Check back on this page regularly for updated versions of the template. It is often unpredictable how different email providers will display code. This template is continuously maintained to help ensure the best possibly display in a range of email platforms.
Download Email Newsletter Template version 4.5
Release date: November 2019
Consistent email signatures deliver a visually coherent look across Georgia Tech departments. Use Georgia Tech's primary typefaces Helvetica Neue or Arial.
Email signature elements
- Your name
- Job title
- Department or unit
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Postal mailing address (optional)
- Office phone number
- Cell number (optional)
- Fax number (if applicable)
- Email address
- Department/unit website address
- Georgia Tech website address
Content Strategist | Institute Communications
Georgia Institute of Technology
Phone (404) 385-1234 | Cell (404) 555-1234 | Fax (404) 384-1212
email@example.com | comm.gatech.edu | gatech.edu